What benefits can your business achieve from migrating to AWS?
Your business can benefit greatly from migrating to the Cloud:
- Increased flexibility and scalability: By moving to the Cloud, you can leverage the flexibility and scalability of AWS to quickly and easily adapt your IT infrastructure to meet changing business needs
- Reducing operational costs: Cloud migration can help you reduce the cost of operating and maintaining your IT infrastructure, as many of the necessary services and resources are provided as part of the Cloud
- Enhanced security and compliance: The Cloud offers advanced security features and complies with strict regulatory requirements and standards, which can help your business maintain high levels of security and comply with complex compliance requirements
- Collaboration and access to data will be easier: Cloud migration can make it easier for you to collaborate and share data across geographic distances and devices, increasing productivity and improving decision-making
The benefits of full Cloud migration are massive, but sometimes, the challenges of getting started can seem just as gargantuan. That's why KeyCore, as one of a few AWS partners, delivers an AWS Migration Acceleration Program that ensures your business a focused, efficient and secure migration program. It builds on the best practice for AWS cloud migrations, and it certifies that all the benefits are realized without hindrance from challenges and costs.
The AWS Migration Acceleration Program (MAP) runs through the following three main phases:
- ASSESS – Mapping & Preparation
- MOBILISE – Mobilisation
- MIGRATE & MODERNISE – Migration & Modernisation
Questions and answers
At KeyCore, we are specialists in migrations, and below we have gathered some of the typical questions we receive - but of course we are always ready to answer other specific questions relevant to your particular company.
AWS MAP (AWS Migration Acceleration Program) is a service offered by Amazon Web Services that helps organisations plan to execute their Cloud migration projects. It uses a combination of tools and expert guidance to assess an organisation's current IT environment and identify potential challenges and opportunities for migration. AWS MAP then provides a detailed plan and guidance for migrating workloads and applications to the Cloud, as well as ongoing support and assistance throughout the migration.
AWS MAP offers a number of benefits for organisations looking to migrate to the Cloud. These include:
- Accelerated migration schedule: AWS MAP helps organizations plan and execute their migration projects faster, reducing the time it takes to move workloads and applications to the Cloud.
- Reduced risk and cost of migration: AWS MAP offers expert guidance and support to help organisations avoid common pitfalls and challenges during their migration. This will reduce the risk and cost of migration such as data loss or downtime.
- Increased agility and scalability: By moving to the Cloud, organisations can take advantage of the flexibility and scalability offered by AWS to quickly and easily scale their IT infrastructure to meet changing business needs.
AWS MAP supports a wide range of loads and applications, including:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): AWS MAP can help organisations migrate their on-premises infrastructure (e.g., servers, storage, networking) to the Cloud using services like Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): AWS MAP can also assist with the migration of PaaS applications, such as databases, to the Cloud using services such as Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) and Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS).
- Software as a Service (SaaS): AWS MAP has special elements that help with the migration of SaaS applications - both serverless and applications that use more classic architecture strategies.
Yes, AWS MAP is available to all AWS customers. However, certain restrictions and requirements for access may apply, depending on the specific services and features included in the application. Interested organisations should contact us at KeyCore for more information and to discuss any specific needs and requirements.
To get started with the AWS MAP for your Cloud migration project, follow these steps:
- Contact KeyCore to discuss your specific needs and requirements, and to determine if AWS MAP is the right solution for your organisation.
- Once you have decided to use AWS MAP, ask our AWS specialists to help you assess your current IT environment and identify possible challenges and opportunities for migration.
- Based on the assessment, we will provide you with a detailed plan and guidance to migrate your workloads and applications to the Cloud.
- Follow the plan and guidance to complete your migration project and take advantage of the tools and expert guidance provided by AWS MAP to ensure a successful and smooth transition to the Cloud.